February 28, 2005

EM Challenge #4: Favorite Cup or Mug


It's been a while since I've done anything worth posting in my journal. I've been very busy at work and this weekend we had friends visit and I didn't take time to even pick my journal up. So when I came home today from work, I made it a point to do something in my journal. I drew (painted) this for the EM challenge that I participate in each week. I am not a coffee drinker, but once in a while I will sip a cappuccino. I generally prefer cold drinks though, Cherry Coke is my favorite. Most of the time I am satisfied with a nice cold glass of ice water, with a slice of lemon...if it's available. My favorite cups are my vintage Fiestaware cups which I have in old cobalt, old gray, old yellow, old chartreuse. I also have cups in Persimmon and Apricot which are contemporary colors...the handles on the cups are a different shape though. I love that Fiestaware comes in so many colors. We have a small collection of mismatched Fiestaware, but I think it's fun to have such vibrant place settings. When we redo the kitchen I want to accent it with the Fiestaware colors we have.

4 Comments:

Blogger oldgreypoet said...

Wonderful work there, Julie, and you've done those Fiesta colours proud! Now I must hunt down some Fiesta mugs for our next kitchen...:)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Ramesh Gandhi said...

Lovely! The textures of the mugs, and the shadows, are so well done. Really nice.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Oh, wow, Julie, I really like the way you've done these. The shadows are perfect, and I love the way you have a mix of hard and not-so-hard edges. This is a great painting!

7:15 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Julie, your page and drawings are beautiful!! Always is a pleasure appreciate your text and drawings. Congratulations. Sonia.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home