February 18, 2005

Illustration Friday topic: Flight



I am not really proud of this watercolor. I did it in my moleskine and I just haven't mastered a good watercolor in there yet. It is done from a photo of Savannah at our annual Hot Air Balloon Jubilee - a big event in our city every summer. I remember that she was so fascinated with all of the colorful balloons. We were about a hundred yards from where they were launching them. Savannah was about 6 months in this picture.What a cutie...sorry the painting isn't that cute.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely interpretation of this prompt! I haven't tried watercolour in my Moleskin yet but I suspect that the paper is too smooth for it to work easily. Your effort faces this challenge very well.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, though it may not be what you were going for, i really like the effect! it's like the light is playing tricks...plus i love the puzzled and concerned expression on the munchkins face...adorable!
-kerry

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home