February 24, 2005

Painting finished



A friend of mine asked me to do a painting of the hula girl that I drew in my journal a while back. I've been working on it for a while...but finally finished it. Here it is. I painted it in acrylics. I haven't done an acrylic painting for a long time. It wasn't easy to get back into it. But it was definitely exciting to be doing art in a medium I don't often use. Sometimes a change of pace can get those creative juices flowing again. (I photographed this painting with my digital camera and it came out really yellow...the background is actually almost white) Also, I am doing a project with my second graders right now based on the art of Wayne Thiebaud...



...can you see the influence? I have always loved his style. If I was a painter I would want to use color the way he does...but he seems to have mastered it...I wish I could understand how he "sees" those colors to paint them. You have to look at his work up close to really see what I am talking about. Check it out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie
my daughter and i love this one
on a snowy off school day in md
patty and cathy

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home