February 20, 2005

My Journaling Bag



For the EM Challenge, we were supposed to do a drawing of our bag, purse, or wallet. I am one of those few women, I think, who just never got into the whole purse thing. I have all my important stuff like ID, SS card, credit cards, membership cards, etc. in my checkbook, which I usually carry with me all the time - in the pocket of my coat. When I go to school (NOW) I take along my bag with my journal and other journaling tools & stuff. Sometimes that bag accompanies me on trips, to classes and other excursions where I hope to be able to grab a few moments to draw or record something. I have had many purses over the years, but a bag seems to be a better fit for me. The purses I have had in recent years only last about a month or two and then I am back to not using one again. I have had my Monet bag for around 7 years. I bought it on a trip to the Art Institute of Chicago. I loved it then, and it's been my school bag for all these years...till I started journaling. I am ready for a new bag now...this challenge has made me think that I should look for one soon. I just don't know, right now, what I would like and I hope to find a bag that I really love.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how colorful this drawing is!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

What a lovely, cheerful bag! It must be truely inspirational.

Cheers
Robyn
Scratches & Scribbles Journal

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What nice, flowing color you used. Love it.

Ann

The View From Here

1:49 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Oh, wow! I love all the color you've used! And you kept them all so fresh looking. I'm impressed!

7:13 PM  
Blogger lianne said...

i love your drawing! nice job with the watercolor :)

7:43 PM  
Blogger u l a n said...

hi julie! i love your drawing, it's so colorful! when you make a drawing like this, do you still use pencil outlines?

i have no real experience with watercolor =P

-- ian from everydaymatters

10:02 PM  
Blogger Jim Bumgarner said...

Love your bag! It makes me think of Easter, spring, budding tulips and crocus, and of course, that most honored spring time tradition of all: baseball. Thanks.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colorful bag. Then I realized I don't remember seeing you with it. I really need to pay more attention to people! By the way, I don't carry a purse either! The bag makes me think of spring and I can't wait for it to get here.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home