November 14, 2005

A Windy Weekend

This weekend my parents came to visit and on Saturday, my dad and I raked and blew the leaves out to the street. Since we live in the city, they pick them up. Anyway, it was so windy this weekend that you can't even tell we did anything in the front yard...luckily the back yard is all fenced in so the leaves mostly stayed out of there. As I was walking into school today I noticed little twigs and branches laying all over the ground...so I picked up three of them and today (shh! don't tell) during some of my planning time and lunch, I drew them.

After I added color: (updated 11-18-05)

10 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Rose said...

YO did that over lunch?! Beautiful rendering. I can smell autum in your drawing.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Wow -- awesome detail! And, as Chuck says, over lunch??!!?? Wow!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Julie Durocher said...

Thanks Chuck and Linda...I ate a very quick school lunch of tuna noodle casserole and peas and hurried back to my classroom to finish the rest before my class came. I didn't do the drawing while I was eating lunch, though. And I did work on it little bits at a time when I got a chance during recesses and planning periods...I'd guess it took me around 2 hours to complete. But now I am tinting it with some colored pencil...it looks really cool.

9:40 PM  
Blogger pedalpower said...

Wow, that's beautiful! Anyone who did not click to make it bigger should--fabulous detail!

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic.

Move to the head of the class!

2:16 AM  
Blogger inki said...

Very nice Julie!
Dede

5:35 AM  
Blogger hfm said...

Nice work, Julie, I liked it very much.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

You've done a wonderful job here.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,

I am enjoying your blog. This is a really a beautiful piece. I could be holding them in my own hand. If I were, I would have never noticed how beautiful they were. Exceptional work, and I'll hope to see them with the added color.

Eliza

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous drawing. you have a very skillfull hand. can't even comprehend taking that one on. amazing.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home