October 27, 2005

Christmas Memories ATC

Yes, I know, it's too early for Christmas. But I am working on these for a deadline coming up. This ornament is actually from a drawing I did last fall of three Shiny Brite ornaments. I cut apart the drawing (it has been sitting around my workspace...didn't really know what to do with it) and turned it into 3 ATCs. This is the first one I did. I really love these ornaments on our tree. Yeah, they are old, some of the stuff is coming off of them, but to me they remind me of special times at Christmas with my family. We probably had a few ornaments like this on our tree. I don't know really where all of ours came from (we probably have at least 30) but when we got married, Sam's dad gave us some Christmas Ornaments for our first Christmas tree and I think that is where most of them came from. I wish I had some of Grandpa's old ornaments...or little (vintage) Christmas village that we got to play with at Grandma's. But I have the images & memories to hold on to, and that enough for me. I am very lucky, I think, to have such wonderful memories. I am sure the holidays of my past were not without some bad circumstances, however, I am so glad that those are the things that I don't remember.

watercolor pencils, watercolor crayons, Prismacolor pencils, white Gellyroll pen, Pigma Micron 05 black pen, red Zig Writer

3 Comments:

Blogger pedalpower said...

Awww, I remember those! This would make a charming Christmas card.

1:18 AM  
Blogger inki said...

I agree with pedalpower..would make a GREAT card, Julie. (I hope I get one of your ATC's in that swap) : )
Dede

4:34 PM  
Blogger Chuck Rose said...

Wow. Something is goin' on here...

"I am sure the holidays of my past were not without some bad circumstances, however, I am so glad that those are the things that I don't remember."

....we've all had them Julie.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home