October 23, 2005

A sketch of the Bali mask

You've probably been wondering what happened to me...why I haven't posted for so long...again. I will be honest and admit that I haven't been doing a lot of drawing lately. I want to. I have tons of things to draw, things I want to draw. I just haven't. I've got a lot going on, but then, that is probably really just an excuse. Because I have had a lot going on before and had plenty of opportunities to be creative. And I know you don't want to listen to excuses.
So, anyway...I drew this mask, which I took to drawing class last week, and of course, it's not finished...and I probably won't finish it...it really is just a sketch. This is one thing that Sam brought back for me from Bali. It's pretty cool. But the hair is a little creepy. That's the part I didn't finish...it was taking forever to draw and I ran out of time. And other than a few quick sketches while I was waiting for Sam to run into Target and grab something, I have not been drawing. I have been making some ATCs lately, but I have even been behind on those. What do you do to get yourself motivated? I seem to be having a hard time with that.
Tonight Me, the kids, and my sister's family got togther to carve pumpkins. It was cute. I let the kids draw their own faces and then I carved them out. Of course, I kind of had to help Karson with the drawing part, but he thought it was cool when it was done. My brother in law took some great pics...I've got to get them copied to my computer so I can post them. Here it is a week before halloween. I have no idea what my kids are going to be...I guess that will be one thing I will be consumed with this week. I was hoping to make some costumes, but I don't know, I am running out of time.

I will post again tomorrow. I am making it my goal to post every day this week, so check back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home