September 22, 2005

Blind Contour Friday...A Box of Crayons

I tried to add color to this drawing three times and was never satisfied with where it was going, so here it is in raw form. It was fun trying out the lettering on the box & crayons after being inspired by all of bcf's other participants last week. I've done 3 blind contour friday posts in past weeks, but only ever submitted one...but now I'm a regular. See you here next week, if not sooner.

(Added 9-23-05)
I probably should say that when I finished this and looked at it...it just didn't look right without shadows. I did look only to locate my pencil back onto the drawing so I could add them in...because I had stopped when I thought I was done. So all those of you who are wondering how I possibly got the shadows in the right place (and not ALL of them are), I guess you could say that I did cheat a little. Sorry.

And if you want to check out the other 27! Blind Contour Friday entries...go to inkfinger.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great choice of topics. I am dazzled by your ability to get all that crosshatching in the right place - way to go!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you get the shadows in the right places? Really nice! I, too, love the idea of doing a box of crayons- the shapes are so nice!

11:18 PM  
Blogger pedalpower said...

Wow...that's great...it's so accurate too! It amazes me how you all can do these and they actually look like the object!

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really amazing. Wow!
How did you get it so accurate? it's brilliant!!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Laureline said...

Just lovely. A great balance between controlled and uncontrolled.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

OK now who's going to pick up all those potentially carpet ruining things.! Great drawing.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a really nice drawing, blind or not. I KNOW you cheated though, you aint getting past NIFF! As the BCF police i will only give you a warning this time around. haha..

I still love the sketch. good job.

9:40 AM  
Blogger ste-pha-nie said...

Wow, pretty impressive. How long did you spend on this one?

9:09 PM  
Blogger Julie Durocher said...

Ste-pha-nie:
probably a good half hour...but I wasn't really watching the time. I know it took a lot longer than most of the blind contours that I do.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crayons! a perfect choice. wonderful drawing

11:30 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I'm amazed! I tried a blind contour drawing of a jar with paint brushes and they were all over the place -- your crayons are just right! Love it!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home