September 20, 2005

EDM Challenge #32 - Draw something metallic

Sam bought this at either an auction or a garage sale...I am not sure which. I think he intends to sell it on ebay...but it's not my kind of thing and I personally don't really care for it. It is a junk sculpture...I can tell the wheels are parts of pipes...the rest of it I am not sure about. The numbers have been etched into the metal with some kind of tool...very rough. I drew it with a very soft pencil...it's what I had on hand, and I don't like how it came out on this paper. The drawing looks very fuzzy to me. It was hard to get even tones when I was laying in the values because of the texture of the paper. I added in the rusty areas with my waterbrush and watercolor paint. Don't you think the figure in the car is kind of scary looking?

5 Comments:

Blogger Lydia Velarde said...

I like it! you drew it with the mood/ feeling of the object. Cool and wierd and I mean that in a nice way! good work!

12:21 AM  
Blogger pedalpower said...

I think Arty is right--you captured the mood. Yup that driver is kind of creepy!

1:36 AM  
Blogger patricia metola said...

I like, I like very much this old aspect, of the passage of time.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

You don't like it?! Wow..I love the softness of the line and the overall quality of the drawing! The driver is a little creepy, but I think that's overshadowed by the beautiful way you captured the subject!

3:52 PM  
Blogger inki said...

I like the "texture" of the piece along with the drawing, Julie. Nice.
Dede

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home