August 09, 2005

Jackson County Fair

Tonight was the final night with my drawing class. We met at the fairgrounds, thinking it would make a great place to draw. Here are some of my drawings. Nothing spectacular. My husband wondered why I overlapped the drawings on the one page. It's because I was doing contour...and not really paying a lot of attention to the placement on the page. I hate the drawing of the girl and guy... I so need to practice people! So you may be wondering what I have been up to lately. Not drawing as much as I should, that's what. I can't believe how easy it is to put off stuff like drawing. I really enjoy it. How hard can it be to sit for a few minutes and draw something...anything. But I haven't done it. I am disappointed with myself that I have gotten lazy about it. I don't want to be one of those people who only draw when they are in a class or something. That was me before. I don't want to go back there. Actually I have really just let myself get real distracted with a new favorite thing (making ATCs)...but I am going to have to balance it out with journaling, because I really need to do that, ya know? Anyway, here are some ATCs I made for a Dr. Seuss swap.

2 Comments:

Blogger pedalpower said...

Great drawings Julie...you know the overlapping one is my fav. Not sure why...maybe because that's how the fair seems to me...so much to see at once!

1:26 AM  
Blogger inki said...

Love your atc's julie!
Your work is always SO inspiring..I love visiting your blog.
Dede

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home