July 17, 2005

EDM Challenge #23 - Draw Your Feet

This drawing is for last week's drawing challenge: Draw your Feet. I whipped this out in about 10 or 15 minutes with my new (used) 3x0 rapidograph pen (mentioned previously)...and I was loving drawing with it again. I think it has been about eleven years since I have used one. It is so smooth. I love it. It didn't do the greatest on my journal paper though. I have some smoother drawing paper I will have to use it on. So these are my feet. Short toes (don't know why...no one else in my family has short toes)...a blister, and all the cracks and wrinkles I hate. The drawing actually doesn't look as bad as I think my feet do. Here are a few other feet drawings that members of the EDM group have posted:
Pedal Power's blog - Draw Daily
Lindsay's blog - Non-Linear-Arts
April's blog - Arteliance
Karen's feet

6 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Hey Julie! Great drawing. Are you a very neat and precise sort of person? Your shading is so even and controlled. Mine was like a dog's breakfast!! :o) It's great seeing all the different styles of drawing the same subject. Thanks for sharing.

11:23 PM  
Blogger pedalpower said...

Julie, great job on a hard subject! You even did the shading without it looking like, as my daughter said about mine, "Mom, it looks like you are a hairy beast!" She was horrified as only a 15 year old girl can be...very dramatic. Thank you for linking to my drawing too!

2:03 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Julie, this is too cool! you linked other EDM 'rs feet too! Thanks! Love those toes!
Lindsay

3:55 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Julie, these are great! Super job with the rapidograph -- fun, huh!How did you get that background gold color so even, though?

10:23 PM  
Blogger Julie Durocher said...

Terri-I am not a neat and precise sort of person. I like details but my husband would tell you...I am definitely not neat!

Linda-I cheated and filled the background with a nice gold hue in photoshop.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great drawing ... and I like the way you turned it into a poster. Very dynamic!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home