July 31, 2005

EDM Challenge #26 - Draw a Vegetable

I painted this carrot this evening for the challenge. I had to go to the grocery store and pick up some stuff anyway, so I thought it would be interesting to draw a carrot. Then when I went to do it I decided to paint it instead. I love watercolor. I wish I was better at it. I just need to keep practicing I guess. So here is my carrot. If you'd like to see some other interpretations of the challenge, just click on the links below.
Victorie's veggies
Objects & Pixels blog - updated 8-1-05
O.K. I guess I am a little early in completing #26...I think that Victorie is the only one that has posted her link. So, maybe I will update this with more links later. In the meantime, I am off to sketch a glass. Somehow I totally missed challenge #25. I have no idea why, but I guess it shouldn't be a big surprise, since I still have to complete #16 - tools, #18 - outside my window, #22 - clothing and #24 - fruit. Of course...completing these challenges is not what my blog is about. I try to keep up with them because sometimes assignments keep me motivated. But the main thing is that I am drawing - something. So if you find it hard to know what to draw, try some of the challenges. Here is a challenge that my mom took on...# 23 - draw your feet. She sent it to me in her email. Good job mom, funny how our toes are similar.

7 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Well done. I particularly like the way you've done the shadows. This really makes the carrot stand off the page.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

The carrot is fabulous. I love the way that it 'sits' on the page.

Cheers,
Robyn
Scratches & Scribbles

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful carrot. I like it that the shadow has a little bit of green in it.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Shelly McC said...

Gorgeous carrot, Really pops off the page and makes me hungry!
Great work!

3:20 AM  
Blogger inki said...

Very nice once again Julie.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Woo hoo Julie! This is really good! I like how you got the darker striations on the carrot without making it look muddy or just "drawn on", if you know what I mean. Really a nice veggie!

And I think it is very neat that your mom also draws and shares her feet with you, in more ways than one! :-) Tell her that I said "good job", too.

7:42 PM  
Blogger afaw said...

Beautiful. Very inspiring. Great detail in the greenery, and the shadow color is fantastic. Wow.

Andrew

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home