November 27, 2006

Permanent Memories and EDM #94

This weekend, I had great intentions of making a list of everything I am thankful for...but I guess that I will just have to add that to my list of things to do when I get time. This weekend was great, though. A much needed break from the regular routines of our lives. We had my mom and dad here the entire weekend. On thanksgiving, Sam's mom, sis's fam, and my mom and dad and our good friends came over and everyone was here until late in the evening. It was fun. And filled with laughter and stories and some new memories too. I doubt anyone of them will forget the thanksgiving where my youngest son, Karson, found a sharpie and decorated his face just before everyone walked in the door. Savannah ended up being sick all weekend, starting at dinner on Thanksgiving day. She had a temp of around 102 pretty much all weekend. I felt so bad for her. I know she wanted to play with her cousins, but she just laid on the couch pretty much all day. After dinner, the kids wanted to do some kind of craft and they decided they all wanted to make journals, so I found some old blank cards and we used those for the pages, and I dug out a bunch of scraps of christmas paper that they could collage on the covers. The kids loved it and they all turned out so cute. ( I think we made 4) On Friday, my sis's family came over. We took turns holding baby Ava, and coloring in coloring books. Dad bought BINGO for two bucks at Menards that morning, so he taught all the kids to play Bingo. They even got some wrestling in. Saturday and Sunday, we mostly just hung around the house. I didn't really get much accomplished, but I enjoyed being with the kids. It was like four Saturdays in a row, and I loved it. Today, going back to school wasn't all that great. I had this annoying headache all day, and pain reliever is not working, although I am taking it faithfully in hopes that it will. Max and Savannah fell asleep on the couch at around seven, so we decided to just put everyone to bed early. I think Max and Karson are fighting something too. They are both coughing and Max is definitely not himself today. So we may be in for a few more days of taking care of sick kids. It was strange to have everyone in bed before 8:00. That almost never happens. Anyway, so I decided to come down to my studio...which my mom helped me clean this weekend. Thanks mom!...and draw the latest EDM challenge which is to draw a spoon. I chose three from our drawer. The first one is I think a little play spoon, I think it came with a mini set of silverware for the kid's kitchen...but it is in our silverware drawer because Savannah and Karson love to eat with the tiny spoon. The other one is a coated baby spoon, also still used by the kids for stuff like yogurt and icecream. And the CareBears spoon is one of the many kid sized utensils in our drawer. We have quiet a collection of them. I usually buy them each a set for their stockings every Christmas. I also recently got a watercolor moleskine, which I love. It is the pocket size and this is just one little sketch I did on the first page of a chocolate chip cookie.

NOTE: After several attempts to upload each of my images...blogger is still giving me incomplete uploads. I will try again tomorrow, hoping that it is just some fluke thing and will be fixed by morning. And I don't know why I got one image to work and the others show up distorted and cut off. Sorry...all I can say is check back later to see the other three images that go with this post the way they are supposed to be.

2 Comments:

Blogger inki said...

Julie..nice spoons! Blogger didn't load my pics the other day either..so it isn't YOU. Hope daughter is feeling better..take care!
Dede

6:01 PM  
Blogger E-J said...

Hello Julie. I am the mother of a 6-month-old girl and am getting back to my art via the joys of sketchbook journalling and the EDM group. While browsing the archives I was struck by a reply you wrote to someone who claimed they couldn't find much time for art. I'm always interested to know how busy mothers make creative time - and it's inspiring to see from this entry that your children have clearly absorbed this love of art/creativity from you. What fun lies ahead for me and my daughter! :-)

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home