November 20, 2006

Hello friends...it's been too long.

Hi! I am still here...sorry I have been absent from here for a while. It's been a crazy month...I can not believe it has been a month since I have posted! My mom actually thinks there is something wrong with my blog. She keeps telling me when she checks it, it is still showing the drawing of Cyndi. I think she has figured it out by now though...it's just cause I haven't posted anything since then. I was having trouble with blogger right after that post, and then our server was down...but they are fine now and there really isn't a good reason. I have done little journaling, wish I was doing more...I feel like many days of my life have slipped away, unrecorded and memories forgotten. It kind of makes me sad. But here are some of my pages from my journal in the past month.
Tonight, our family went to Savannah's school to see the first grade thanksgiving play. So cute! She did a great job. The boys were a little crazy and on the way home, Sam and I were commenting that it will only be like this for a couple of more years...trying to offer each other a little hope, ya know.
After the kids were in bed, we made plans for Thanksgiving. We are having Sam's mom, his sister and her family and my mom and dad and our friends, the Archers to our house. So we were planning the menu and letting everyone know what they will bring. We have a lot to do before then. My mom and dad are probably coming on Wednesday night, so they can probably help out a little, but I hope to have a lot done so that they can just relax. Savannah doesn't have school on Wednesday. I wish I didn't have to work, I could really use a day to prepare...of course, that is what I was supposed to do this weekend and didn't.
Oh, let's see...what else is going on?...Oh, my new little neice is so adorable! Her name is Ava. She was 7 lbs 1 oz when she was born on the 24th of October. I love to hold her. She is so tiny. I think she is almost a month old and she is still smaller than Karson was when he was born! Crazy! One of my goals in the next couple of weeks is to steal a chance to draw her when she is sleeping. You have to do that when they are still new borns, because pretty soon she will be too wiggly to draw.
The big thing at our house lately is wrestling. We bought Nacho Libre (the movie) and the kids love it. Our kids love wrestling time with their daddy, but since Nacho Libre it has been taken to another level. Sam bought all of us Luchador masks (mexican wresting masks) from ebay and for Halloween, the kids came up with their own wrestling name and we made costumes for them to wear with their masks. Max is Hurricane, Savannah is Phoenix and Karson is Kaptain Khaos...Sam is Rameses and I am Dynasty (not too original, they are names of wrestlers in the movie). We had a blast. I think we are doing a picture of us in our masks for our christmas cards. Oh, and I almost forgot, when our masks are not on our heads they are proudly displayed on strofoam heads (for wigs I think) and sit on a table in our living room. Sam and Max went to Lloyds last week to get their hair cut up in Webberville and made a stop at Grandpa Art's house. Grandpa sent Max home with a WWF wrestling ring and about twenty different WWF wrestlers. They are a little rough looking, paint worn off and missing accessories, but Max and Karson think they are the best. Karson found one, which he named Nacho Libre, and has had it with him everywhere since Friday...in bed, at the table, to Walmart, and even to church.

2 Comments:

Blogger andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAH!!!!
I have been faithfully checking into your blog everyday waiting for a post. I'm so glad you and your amazing artwork is back with us. Your fan,Andrea.

12:52 PM  
Blogger inki said...

Good to have you back Julie..love your little drawings!
Hope your Thanksgiving is blessed!

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home