June 02, 2006

Blind Contour First Friday June - My Favorite

My favorite place in the world is Italy...I took a cross cultural trip to Europe when I was in college in 1992. It was a 3 week trip. We visited Amsterdam, Heidelberg, Venice, Rome, Assisi, Florence and Paris. Assisi was my favorite place. It was a quiet little town on a mountain, very charming. We had a lot of fun there. If I ever get to go back, I want to go there again. This was one of the churches in Assisi that I did my drawing of from a photo. Remember it was a Blind contour drawing...although, I did have to stop, and then start again, because Max woke up screaming because he was afraid of the Attic Fan. So I had to look at my drawing to find my place again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kiri said...

italy is a wonderful place i met my husband there. when i visited assisi it was very hot and crowded but the views from outside the church were amazing.
great blind contour

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there are so many wonderful things about your drawing.
i love how your lines fell into place and the way you placed the type.

very nice. def. reminds me of italy. i wanna go too!

5:26 PM  
Blogger seeks said...

i was going to say wonderful, but i realize that kiri and niff both used that word. but i have to say that your intrepid choice of a subject is encouraging. i think it looks spectacular and perhaps it will get me to get more adventurous on my own.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home