May 11, 2006

I'm a Treasure!

Today was another crazy day. Right now I am putting off framing and labeling the rest of the artwork for the second show that I have to hang tomorrow afternoon. I love this show though. I get a nice big room with great walls where I can hang artwork from floor to ceiling. It looks amazing when it's all up...although a bit overwhelming for the judges who come to visit to award a ribbon to their favorite artist. Tonight after work I did something I have never tried before. I got my hair highlighted. It looks so different. Cute, and a little lighter than I thought, but I still like it. When I came home the kids said my hair was gold. They said I looked like a treasure (how cute!). Then Max wished me "Happy Father's Day" (yeah, he get's a little mixed up with this one) and they showed me the 3 adorable garden statues that they bought for me for mother's day. One is supposed to be Savannah with a kitty, Karson has a dog, and Max is pulling a wagon (no animals - he informed me - because he is alergic). They are the best, and when I came home they were sitting in our little flower bed surrounded by pink tulips. Sam spent the day with the kids. They went on a special adventure today. They got to ride on a "Miracle Round" and ate chinese and went to the Disney Store. It sounds like it was a lot of fun. I will post a drawing (I just started it) of the statues later...and maybe my new hair do...maybe, we'll see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it, the comments from the kids. Way to go Julie, with your hair, it might inspire me to do something with mine. I love reading your journal sooooo much.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Paula Adams Perez said...

Yes, you ARE a treasure! I first ran into your journal a few weeks ago, shortly after I began drawing regularly again for the first time in 15 years (I think I image-googled "pumpkin" and your pencil drawing came up). Since then I have read your WHOLE archive, started to check out some other Illustration Friday artists' blogs, and posted my first I.F. today! You and others have SO inspired me, especially you and Paula Becker for including your faith so much. It is so cool to "meet" someone I have so much in common with! (And although I live in Seattle, I spent much time growing up at my grandmother's farm in Sturgis, MI). Thanks, sister!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home