May 03, 2006

The Brain Gang

I have a little something to share with you. Last summer, I took a workshop/class on Multiple Intelligences. As a final project, I wrote and illustrated and handbound a children's story about MI called "The Brain Gang". It is going to be published in the summer issue of Kagan's online magazine. I didn't get paid for it unfortunately, but I agreed as long as they gave me credit, to let them share it in their magazine. I know there are a few mistakes, but I thought you might like to see it. It will open in a new Window.
Click Here - 4.5mb

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Job, Julie! I really like you book. I have just been working with a class of young adults (Life Coaching)on the topic of "Living Your Dream." Our lesson last week was to "read your live backwards," or in other words to look at what you were good at and what you enjoyed doing when you were a child or teen. This story is a great illustration of what we were trying to get across. Proud of you and cheering what you are doing with your life! God Bless

8:44 AM  
Blogger ShyViolet said...

I just found your blog, and I really like your art! You're very talented. It must be fun to work with kids teaching art too!

3:12 PM  
Blogger inki said...

That's great Julie! Congrats are in order!
Dede

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are planning to share your story with our incoming 3rd graders as a 'text to self" connection for Multiple Intelligences. Our primary focus will be to infuse our curriculum with Kagan Cooperative Learning structures - and "The Brain Gang" is a perfect kick-off! Bravo for highlighting brain diversity and everyone's strengths!

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home