June 26, 2005

Our 12th Anniversary


Today is our 12th anniversary. I can't believe that twelve years have already passed. It just doesn't seem like it's been that long. On our date, we drove up to Lansing to eat at Carraba's Grill..a restaurant we had never been to before. It was pretty good...and I drew this picture of our table.

As I was drawing the waitress came and asked me if I wanted my meal boxed up, cause I had hardly touched it (because I wanted to draw it), I felt kind of weird for drawing, and told her I was letting it cool. Anyway, after our dinner we went over to Barnes & Noble's to hang out and look at books...but we spent a little too much time in there and by the time we wanted to go, it was already almost 7:30. Luckily, there was a small theatre right there and we saw the only movie that had just started the previews...we bought tickets for Bewitched and got in our seats just in time. It was a cute movie.

During the time we spent together we reminisced about the stupid things we used to do, how things used to be and our wedding night, we talked about how great our kids are and how when we got married, we never imagined that 12 years down the road we would have the three awesome kids that we do. We talked about how we love each other and Sam told me I am a great mom and wife (of which I sometimes have doubts) and that he can't imagine life without me. Even though I know he feels that way about me, it is still so nice to hear it.

4 Comments:

Blogger pedalpower said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary. The drawing is great-love all the linework-so clean. I hope you don't mind...I put a link to your blog on mine.

3:07 AM  
Blogger purplefugue said...

Happy Anniversary! Love your illustration! I'm linking to your blog, if that's ok?

4:11 AM  
Blogger u l a n said...

that is one BEAUTIFUL spread! =)

congratulations on your 12th anniversary. sounds like you had a lovely time (the date, and all 12 years before it).

-- ian (everydaymatters group)
s u l a t k a m a y

10:34 AM  
Blogger andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Excuse me Julie, I am just looking through your archives - again! This is such a lovely post. The whole post; words and pictures. I cannot tell you how brilliant I think your work is, it all sounds like cliches. I am just a huge fan of yours...so excuse all the posts please. It just means I've found another piece of work that I haven't previously seen!

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home