July 05, 2005

Little Treasures We Found


(You'll probably want to click on the image to read the journaling) After we finished finding our treasures, we had to hurry up and get ready, because our friends were expecting us for a late lunch and swimming. We were a little later than late and it is probably pretty much my fault, but being good friends of ours, it really wasn't any big deal to them. We had a wonderful time with the kids, swimming, eating and just hanging out...until the storms came and we all headed inside and Max, Karson, and Isaac all lined up to get haircuts from Aunt Mick. (OK...Isaac wasn't so willing, but he was easily persuaded by a Superhero popscicle and Micki's sweet talking). Anyway, we all had a great time hanging out and ended our fun afternoon watching the end of Guns N' Roses Behind The Music on VH1...?...while the boys were in the basement playing video games and the girls were in Grace's room making Fourth of July books (so cute!) We missed fireworks this year...we had planned to go tonight, but it rained...and the kids hadn't had naps...so, well after the kids went to bed, I watched them on TV...definitely not the same!

6 Comments:

Blogger inki said...

Nice Julie. Like the colors.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun idea and great drawing! I was thinking of doing a page on "things i skimmed out of the pool," and this makes me want to go ahead and do it.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful drawing...

When I try to access the archives, I see only the html. I tried in 2 different browsers and get the same result.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Wonderful what you can create from such an unprepossessing start. Beautiful illustration

12:23 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

What a fun, fun drawing!

I also scrolled down to see your previous drawings and I love your style!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful drawing and journal page! Pretty lettering! It makes me wonder where you learned to write like that. By the way, I have the same problem as anonymous (above). When I click on any of the archive links, I only get codes. So the only page that I can see/read is the current page (with most recent posts on it).
Cheers.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home