June 07, 2005

Illustration Friday topic: Digital & EDM Challenge # 17


click here for larger image

My submission for Illustration Friday and an Everyday Matters Challenge: draw a musical instrument. I didn't really plan that they would end up on the same page, but after I finished the guitar, I decided that the leftover space would be good for my ipod shuffle drawing.

5 Songs I have on my ipod right now...

1. (I Wanna Be) Your Underwear - Bryan Adams
2. Yahweh - U2
3. Angel - Shaggy
4. Hooked On A Feelin - Baha Men
5. Run-Around - Blues Traveler

Do you have an ipod? What are 5 songs on yours?

BTW, I sketched Gabby last week during her art class. It didn't really go with what I added later because it was the only thing I put on that page that day. (Just in case you are wondering).

9 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Julie -- this is fun! The two really go together well and, as always, you did a great job with the drawings. I had considered drawing my CD player for my musical instrument ...
:-) I really love your lettering, too. Great style!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Emmanuelle.Walker said...

Oww... This sketchbook feel is amazing, if every page of your book is like that, it's magical!... if not, it's magical anyway!!!!

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie,

It's a very nice drawing and I absolutely love your handwriting. It makes the journal feel 'fairytale-ish'. :)
Love it!

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous page! I'd love to see your sketchbook in real life. I imagine the detail is such fun to pore over. I have a green IPOD mini that I drew for my Postcard from the Emerald City--fun to see your lime green shuffle! By the way, the sketch of your daughter is so charming.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, i love this! You've filled the pages so nicely. the entire book must be awesome. would love to see more!

Big Harry
www.thinkcabinfever.com

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful illo this is. I also like the rest of your blog!


http://dagmar.punt.nl

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy looking at this piece. I also really like the sketchbook pages you guys do like this. I've not been to your blog before and look forward to checking out the rest of it.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh geez...Where's my head? I come to your blog all the time! Never mind... :)

2:38 PM  
Blogger lianne said...

great drawing! i like how you integrated the two challenges. 'looking forward to more entries :D

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home