June 02, 2005

Mini-grid


Drawing grids has been a recent topic of discussion on the Everyday Matters Group . So tonight, I had a few minutes while I was waiting for Jasmin to arrive so that we could go see the Star Wars movie and I sketched some stuff laying around. I had already done a small entry at the top of this page, but didn't want to leave two thirds of the page empty so this small little grid drawing worked out perfect. I added color in Photoshop (same style as my sketchcrawl grid).

Linda M. did a grid of 30 things in her yard. (Unfortunately you can't see it, unless you are a member of the group, and she doesn't have a blog that I know of). Typically a drawing grid is a series of small drawings done one per day in little boxes all on one page. It's a great way to get started drawing, journaling everyday. Especially when filling an entire page feels a little intimidating. I think it was originally Danny Gregory's idea, but I am not sure. Anyway, I like seeing the variations on it. The yard grid was a great idea, I might have to try that. I need an excuse to get out in my yard and do something anyway. Maybe drawing will motivate me to actually get some yard work accomplished.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Pequignot said...

Julie, this is a fun mini grid. I like the four-square layout. We just entered the I-pod zone here in this house. It's like, HELLLO????, excuse me---can you hear me? It's me Mom. Ha, the world of teenagers. What is life without headphones?

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, I smiled the very minute the images on your grid appeared on the screen this am----that monkey flashlight is adorable. The whole grid is such fun! You've inspired me to try Photoshop on some of my drawings. Maybe I'll get around to that the same time you do your yardwork.;D

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home