November 01, 2004

self-portrait


I drew this reflection of myself in a spoon. I apologize for the quality of the scan...our scanner doesn't work well with pencil drawings. Not only that, but the drawing is not that great because I drew it with a crappy #2 pencil from school. I asked my drawing students to work on a self-portrait and I was hoping to get one done before class tomorrow, but I don't know if I will have time. So here is a quick attempt, just to say that I did it. I had fun doing it, even though the image of me is distorted. It reminds me of Escher's self portrait of his reflection in a sphere.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, don't usual posting anonymously, but you seem to need a blogger acc't and I use TypePad.

Anyway, I've been reading and looking you journal for the last couple of weeks. Your illustrations are some of the best I've seen, yet you seem so humble about it.

I majored in ArtEd, back in the day, but really hated trying to teach. Therefore I have a lot of respect for you and your job. Just a note to encourage. Libby sarahsgommy@yahoo.com

9:34 PM  
Blogger Nic Squirrell said...

Julie, I love this drawing, it is wonderful! (As always.)

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice1 u jus gave me an idea,im of 2 do a self portrait of my reflection in a cd, 4 1 of my GCSE art folders i have 2 hand in 2moro-tink its gona b a late night 4 me.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home