November 15, 2007

My Birthday

So today I am 37 years old! I don't really feel all that old. It doesn't seem all that different to me.
I had a pretty good day today. I ran up to my schools to drop some notes off for people and stayed just a short time. I got to see quite a few people though and show off the baby, of course. Everyone commented on how cute and perfect she is and how great I look...which I decided is a very nice thing to be told on my birthday. I've lost 24 pounds since last Wednesday...and I do feel great about that!
The funniest thing that happened today was that Sam and I ran both our vehicles out of gas. He ran out of gas on the way to take the kids to school...he called me, but I didn't hear him because Karson and Jasmin and I were upstairs changing a poopy diaper. Our friend Jason brought him some gas. Later this morning...I knew my gas was way low, and I told Jasmin that I hoped I could make it to the gas station...but I'd call her if I couldn't make it. Well wouldn't you know that the gas ran out and the engine stalled out just after I pulled into the drive of the gas station. I probably could have coasted to a pump, but there were cars in the way on the side that I needed. So I stopped my car and luckily they had a gas can I could use so I could get over to the pump. I guess I could have asked someone to help me push my car...but it wasn't that big of a deal. I thought it was so funny. Good thing I didn't go and try to help Sam, I would have run out of gas on my way to help him...then we would have both been stuck!
Anyway, I also took Savannah to her dentist appt. today...she did great. And then her and I ran up to the secretary of state so I could get my license and registration renewed. Then we came back and I took a nap after a while. I was really tired.
Tonight we had a meal brought to us by a friend from church and it was really good. It's been so nice that our friends have been bringing us meals this week. It's great to not have to worry about fixing dinner every night. We have really appreciated them and they have been so delicious!

1 Comments:

Blogger andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Aaw,congratulations Julie. Your new baby is beautiful, as is the drawing.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home