August 01, 2007

I haven't been very good about keeping this updated for the summer, so I will try to do some catch up tonight. We are on our 3rd fair with our Octopus show this summer. This week we are at the Ingham County Fair. We have a great location and it's been so far the best of the three we have been to. Sam is still working this week at his regular job, since Mason is only a half hour a way, he then drives up there to work for the evening. Jasmin has been opening the show each day and Savannah has been working with her in the afternoon. They seem to be having a good time. I keep the boys at home, and we try to get stuff done, but seriously, 97 degrees is too hot to do anything. We haven't had our air on all summer because we have been away so much, and it's really unbearable this week. I am just having such a hard time with it, and being 26 weeks pregnant does not help. I take like 4 cold showers a day and it's barely helping. Today I went and spent some time in my friend's pool. Her water temp was 85 degrees. I would consider that warm normally, but it totally felt cold because my body temp is so hot! But it did feel nice while I was in the water and it was so refreshing. If I had a pool, on days like today, I'd be in it all day! It's 90 degrees in our house, and our freezer is even having a hard time keeping the ice cream frozen. It probably doesn't help that I have to open it every couple of hours to get ice for my water - which I am now rationing!
We wanted to take all the kids to the fair this week sometime to ride rides, but with it so hot, we (my sister in law and I) do not feel like dragging kids around a dirty hot midway with sweat dripping from every part of our bodies and the kids complaining every few minutes about something. It's supposed to cool down a little this weekend, so maybe friday or Saturday.
Here are some super cute pictures I wanted to share with you. Karson, our 3 year old is so enthralled with our octopus that he sometimes stands and stares in the portholes at the show for like 10 minutes. You just have to wonder what is going on in his mind. Anyway, at Muskegon, the whole family would go open up the show, and Karson wanted to help Sam put the octopus in the tank, so Sam had him help, gave him a glove and everything. (Oswald is stored in Alcohol over night in the white bucket). Karson loves to pick up the octopus' tentacles and investigate the tiny suction cups on the tips. He watches carefully as Sam lifts it up into the tank, and then Sam has him check it to make sure he looks good in the water. Karson then throws away his glove and goes out to check the view from the window and gives Sam a thumbs up if it looks good. It's so cute. Sam loves having him help out. He doesn't get to this week, but maybe at our next fair.

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie Marie said...

Hi Julie,

So, your family goes to fairs and shows an octopus? That sounds exciting.

Bummer about all the hot weather and pregnant! I carried my twins through the summer and then my second pregnancy I didn't learn my lesson and carried right through the summer again! At least with my sons (two) I dropped them both in June. Hope it cools off a bit for you.

Cute pictures.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home