October 19, 2007

My Henna Belly


Tonight I got to go get my Henna Tattoo on my HUGE belly. I took along my sister and my daughter, Savannah. We had a great time. It was such a neat experience. It was relaxing and fun. I got to soak my feet while the artist, Keleigh, applied the henna paste. After she was done, while it was drying, she massaged my feet and hands and it was so relaxing. The best part about it, though, was the tattoo itself.

Last night she talked to me, on the phone, about the baby and the pregnancy and our family. When I arrived there tonight, she had prepared 3 drawings...each a different design, but incorporating our family and our nanny, whom we are naming the baby after. So if you look at the design, which has a lot of traditional henna elements - which I love, the large fan design above my bellybutton represents me, Sam is represented behind me...which symbolizes his support and important role in the birth of the baby. To the right are 3 leaves...Savannah, Max and Karson...and the tiny one shooting off of Savannah's leaf is our baby Jasmin. Above the design, you see a butterfly which represents our wonderful nanny who has been a huge blessing to our whole family the past 4 years. This is her 5th year working for us. Our lives would be so different without her.

The other two designs were pretty, but I loved this one and how we all were represented...it just seem to be the perfect fit. And it looks so great! Actually right now it doesn't...because I am all taped up, to keep the paste on. But tomorrow morning I can take it off and see the tattoo on my belly and I am really looking forward to that!

3 Comments:

Blogger pedalpower said...

Wow that's a beautiful belly!

You're tagged if you'd like to play!

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg henna tattos are poisnous!

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In doing this, you may have put your unborn child at risk. The dies used in Henna are known to cause liver dammage in adults. So what do you think it does to your kid?

People should do some research before pulling stunts like this.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home