January 08, 2007

New Year Goal

Today it finally snowed. It hasn't snowed since early November. What's the deal with that? My sister saw someone raking leaves the other day, IN JANUARY!? I just hope we aren't going to still be having Winter weather when it's supposed to be Spring.
One of my Goals for 2007 is to get healthy. Hopefully losing weight and feeling better will be a result. I joined Weight Watchers last week, and I feel like I am doing pretty good with it. My sister and I are walking everyday. Weekdays we get up to walk at 6:00am. It's early, but it's fun. So far we have walked 4 days in a row. It's so much easier to have someone else to do it with. We don't walk that far - only a little over a mile...but it's better than not. Tonight we went grocery shopping together after the kids were in bed and it took us 2 and a half hours because we stopped and read and compared labels on everything we bought. I am excited about making healthier food choices because it will also benefit my whole family. That is definitely an added bonus. I hope to get some drawing done soon. I have done very little in my journal. It just seems like there is so much to do, it's hard to make the time for myself, ya know?
I did do some ATCs yesterday with Savannah. We made some for a little girl who had sent off her first set of cards and never got any back...and then I made a set for the Recycled Christmas Card Swap on ATC_World. They were fun. It was fun to be creative for a while...and I had such great Christmas cards to work with too!
Here are a few of them. The Santa is from a pop up card.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristina said...

Hi Julie!
Oh Gosh, almost 2 years ago I discovered your blog and you got me into ATCs, journals, etc. I love to come peep back at your journal every once in a while. Anyway, I started on WW in Sept. and have lost 35 pounds plus I'm really loving the process of eating healthy - i started a new recipe blog w/WW recipes I love and my family loves. Try kristinasrandomcooking.blogspot.com

9:16 AM  
Blogger pedalpower said...

Good luck with the new routine! My daughter and I are also getting up at 6 and going walking....unheard of for me...I'm NOT a morning person. But it will be so worth it if I can get back in shape.

2:37 AM  
Blogger Connie Marie said...

Good luck with WW and with your walks. It is a good thing to know what you are eating, and choosing to eat what is good for you. When I lived closer to my sister we used to walk together while the kids were in school. Those are happy memories. Enjoy!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home