February 06, 2006

Max's Boo Boo

Yesterday was quite an adventure for our family. I was sitting in church when I saw Max's number flash. I figured he must have peed his pants or something, so I was just going to take the boys home and I told my sis to make sure Savannah got to Sam when church was over (Sam works in the sound booth). So I grabbed my stuff and headed out of the sanctuary towards the children's hall, only to be met by a swarm of people, one of them who was holding my son, who was crying really hard. He evidently was playing hide and seek with another little boy and they went into the bathroom to hide and somehow the door got shut on his finger. This is a metal door and we think it must have shut all the way as his the tip of his pinky finger was practically severed. So I rushed him to the ER, bleeding and screaming all the way. We got in pretty fast. Sam came later and I ran the other two kids home and my wonderful brother in law came over to stay with them while I went back to the ER. He had x-rays and the tip of his finger (whatever bone that is) was also fractured. He needed about 5 or 6 stitches...one through the finger nail...OWW! He sat there and watched the whole thing despite our efforts to try to distract him. After it was over, he was so tired and traumatized that he kicked and screamed for over a half hour until he cried himself to sleep. Poor little guy. It ripped my heart out to see him go through that. Last night I traced Max's hand in my journal where I also wrote about what happened.

Here is a little movie of Max in the ER. Not really fun to look at, but we have it and it goes with the story. Sorry about the poor quality. Sam recorded it with his phone.
Click here: Max's owie

3 Comments:

Blogger Jazz said...

Poor Max... There are boo boos and there are BOO BOOS

9:31 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Having been through a similar thing myself recently I really feel for him. For me I have to have say that the pain was right up there with childbirth!
So horrible for you to watch your child in pain. But at least the worst is over now.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how awful ! Poor Max. I had a broken thumb a year ago, I really KNOW how bad it hurts.Hope the pain subsides soon. Gentle Hugs for Max.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home