February 05, 2006

Friday Night Crop

Last night...actually I guess I should say Friday night (since it is now Sunday!) I went to a crop with my sister. I have not done scrapbooking for forever! I am so behind I didn't know where to start. I knew I needed to get pictures printed, which we have not done too much of since we got digital cameras. So I had 125 printed. I took some stuff, but in my studio all my stuff for scrapbooking, or for anything, is all put away in drawers and bins and I didn't really know what to take and what not to. I had no time to plan stuff out first, so I just grabbed a bunch of stuff. When I got there and started getting stuff out to work on, I found that although I had brought each of my kids albums, I didn't have enough stuff...like paper & embelishments, with me to complete them. So instead I looked at other people's albums, and sorted my pictures by what pics would go on what pages for what events. Sam was disappointed that I had not accomplished much. I guess I was too. But more than trying to get stuff done in my scrapbooks, I really was just going to get away and be with some other ladies. We had a lot of fun laughing, eating and telling crazy stories. So even though I didn't get done what I would have liked to, I am still glad I went.

About the drawing: I drew the little bag of candy that our hostess made and filled for us. Chocolate...yummy!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger pedalpower said...

I love the drawing you did instead of scrapbooking....I know how you feel too...I am behind in our albums.

3:04 AM  
Blogger seesue said...

Julie, LOve your sketch, the gauzy ribbon. This is just terrific. I too am so behind on my scrapping. I don't think that I've done a single page this year. Something always has to give (or be given up) doesn't it? At any rate I'm thrilled that your sketching time is in the forefront right now, loving the looking. ;-)

9:03 AM  
Blogger "Maggie & Kevin" said...

Lovely line drawing and the reds add such a nice touch.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish that I could have been there with you and your sister. I am also far behind in my albums. I love your valentine drawing. I am glad you keep the drawings coming. So proud, Love MOM

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home