January 03, 2006

Teacher Inservice Notes

Today, it was back to work at 8:00 am to sit and listen to some ladies from the ISD talk to us about 6 traits writing. I really love writing. It was one of my favorite subjects to teach when I taught 4th/5th grade several years ago. But now that I teach art, its not really something I am going to be able to use. So it was a long day, and sometimes seemed like such a waste of time. The ladies who presented were actually pretty good with the material. They did a lot of interactive stuff with us, and heck, we even got to play with play-dough for one of the activities, so I really can't complain too much. Right before lunch, I started getting kind of tired, so to keep myself alert, I drew the Tradewinds tea bottle that belonged to the teacher sitting across from me. Didn't feel comfortable pulling out my journal though, as I was sitting pretty close to the presenter, so I drew on my handout, hoping I wouldn't be noticed too much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

SUPER!!! I too have the same trouble sketching at meetings -- but I think you've done a great job with the bottle and still paying attention! LOL I'll put the same thing to practice tomorrow -- UGH!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

Great job on the bottle...wish I had a dime for each doodle and drawing I did during inservices....

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home