January 05, 2006

Blind Contour Friday #23 - 3-eyed man

Sam got this sideshow gaff from a guy a while back...I think he traded him some Brill plans or something. Anyway, it sits in his office, just inside the back door, to welcome all of our guests. I know it's weird, and I am surprised our kids are not totally freaked out by it. I was looking for something unusual to draw, and this is what I came up with. His name is Jules and you can read his story here. You'll have to scroll down a little, it's after the 2 headed baby and the siamese fetus skull. I did this drawing in one of the journals Sam brought back from Indonesia. The first is a blind contour...but since it is such a wierd object, I decided I had better sketch it too, so you could see that I wasn't just forgetting that I had already drawn an eye socket when you see three.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really neat. Excellent subject & wonderful drawings!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh I like how the bc looks like its snacking on the more detailed illu - nice work - fab choice of ink and paper too!

10:16 AM  
Blogger "Maggie & Kevin" said...

It's great that you showed both versions, so well done and lovely composition.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

SKILLFULLY done! The shading in the skull is so great! And you can really tell what it is with your bc!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the combo. and a great composition as others have said.


the brown paper really adds a nice feeling to the subject.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home