June 22, 2005

Strawberries and Flowers



This afternoon while the boys were napping, Savannah and I spent some time in the back yard. I mowed our new grass finally...I'll have to mow it again tomorrow...it was so long that a lot of it just layed down and didn't cut. After I got so hot I couldn't stand it, I splashed water from the kiddie pool over my face and neck and went to sit in the shade and drink some water. I brought my journal and stuff outside hoping to draw some. Savannah found a bunch of strawberries, and I asked her to save me three so I could draw them first. After sketching them I found some flowers to draw and made notes about them. Does anyone know what kind of flowers they are? I am not familiar with too many flowers and I would love to know what they are.

2 Comments:

Blogger inki said...

Very nice drawing Julie. And the little yellow flower looks like a dandelion.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Julie Durocher said...

No it's not a dandilion...I am sure of that. The petals sort of look like daisy petals...but there its not a daisy.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home