June 23, 2005

Road Trip



This afternoon as I was just beginning to get the kids ready to take them to a friend's house to swim, Sam announced we were meeting his dad for lunch at 2:00. What? I said, it was around 11:30 and this was the first I had heard of it. It was a last minute thing, as it usually is, but I had already made plans and told the kids what we were doing. So...ok, I told the kids we were just going to go out and play in the pool in the yard and we'd go to the pool tomorrow. I didn't really feel like driving for 45 minutes to go eat lunch and then drive home. And actually it ended up being 3:00 that we were to meet them, and we had to be at church at 5:30 for Vacation Bible School tonight...so we weren't going to be able to go home first. Anyway, my point is, even when I don't feel like doing something, taking my journal along gives me an opportunity to look forward to something. I didn't actually open it till we were on our way home, but it made a trip that I didn't feel like making fun. I love drawing. I decided to draw the road as we were riding along...something I haven't tried before. It was challenging, as the scenery was always changing...but I still like how it turned out for the most part.

2 Comments:

Blogger pedalpower said...

I like how this turned out--neat idea!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Cin said...

wow that's quite a challenge, I agree, think it came out really well.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home