May 03, 2008



I spent the day today hanging out with Savannah and troop 166 at Girl Scout Camp...during rest time after lunch, I went outside and sat at a picnic table near the fire pit in the sunshine and drew.


I just finished watching the movie Juno with Sam. I really enjoyed the movie and Jasmin slept in my arms through the whole movie. I don't know why, but after it was over, my heart was flooded with overwhelming love for my kids...and for a moment I couldn't believe I had four such beautiful kids. I looked at a picture of Savannah, Max and Karson and then at Jasmin asleep on my chest and felt such joy and thought about how proud I am of them. How blessed I am to be a part of their lives.
Today I was thinking about how Jasmin will be 6 months old in a few days and how fast it has gone by...I was thinking about all she has done in the past 6 months and that in 6 more months she will probably be crawling and walking and maybe even starting to wave and say momma or dada. I kind of feel like I would like her to stay little for a little longer...I never really felt that with the other kids...I was always so excited to see them grow and make their next big accomplishment...but I know Jasmin will be our last baby, and it's almost sad to see those milestones go by...it just seems like its going to fast. I wish I could appreciate every single moment...but you know, you get caught up in life and all the craziness and those are the last kinds of things on your mind. But I have to say that while it's not often on my mind, I do know how blessed I am and how blessed our family is. I could never have imagined that my life would be anything like it is. It's not all roses and cherries, trust me! We have a stack of probably 25 DVDs that have to be fixed (we have a place that takes the scratches off so you can watch the movies again). There are thousands of Legos in our house and they have made their way into almost every square foot of our home...including the refrigerator! Our kids whine and cry when they are tired. We have a box of at least 75 socks - with no match to be found! Our lawn guy is moving out of state. Anyway, you get the picture. Life is not perfect, but I don't think it's supposed to be. I wouldn't trade mine for a million dollars.

1 Comments:

Blogger sideshowsam said...

Julie,
You are beautiful person and a wonderful mom - the cheese to my macaroni - I love you more everyday. ./sd

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home