July 20, 2004

Slice of Life experiment


Today I tried something different in my journal...I didn't have time to finish it today...so excuse the incompleteness. I got this idea from another website that I often look at...another artist who publishes her journal/sketchbook online. This type of journaling is called "slices of life" in which you make small thumbnail sketches of what you are doing, where you are or what is happening around you...the idea is that by making several small drawings of things that surround you, you can capture the essence of the circumstance you are in...It is especially good for drawing something that is constantly changing, people moving, etc. So, I tried it...it's much easier than trying to do a full page drawing. And I found that I wanted to journal a little explanation under each sketch to explain it. I would like to try this again...maybe with color.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home