July 01, 2004

More flowers from our yard


I was looking around for something to draw in my journal today and noticed this arrangement of flowers I picked yesterday from our back yard. I have such an interesting variety of flowers that bloom in my yard, thanks to the previous owners of our house. So, wanting to draw them when they are fresh, I set out to capture the essence of this arrangement of snap dragons, some kind of daisy and some mini roses which were a delightful combination of pinks and oranges. I chose to capture the color with markers because I wanted bright and bold color...but I am sorry you cannot see the real thing because the different shades of pinks and oranges together were quite fascinating to me. I decided I like pink and orange together...and later was inspired to make a bracelet with these colors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home