May 30, 2004

does it really matter?

Some people would walk into my house and think I never clean anything...I say I do my best. It's cluttered with yesterday's junk mail, pieces of my Arts & Activities magazine cover that Karson ripped to shreds, Max's goldfish crackers dumped on the floor that have been walked over a few times, bath toys and shoes on the counter in the kitchen, a half-eaten apple in the couch cushion...where does it end? Or is this just a phase I am destined to go through because of my little children who haven't yet learned that everything has a place or how to pick up their own messes. Some days I feel that all I do is follow my kids around and clean up after them. Some days I say I don't care what it looks like or what someone else thinks. I do what I can when I can do it...but it never ends! ,,,or will it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a young mom there used to be toys all over and things in the couch too, but one day an older couple came to our house to visit, who couldn't have children, and I was apologizing for the mess that my kids had made, and they did not comment. All they said was isn't that a beautiful sight. I never complained again about the obvious messes that children do make for awhile, but tried to be thankful that I had children who could play and make a beautiful sight in someone's eyes.

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good. I knew who the picture of your Mom was without reading it.

Your mom sent this website. We used to live next door to Grandpa and Grandma Husted.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home