December 07, 2004

A Nice Surprise


I was surprised to come home to a quiet house today. Everyone was still sleeping. The boys were upstairs in their room and Savannah was sprawled out on the couch. She usually doesn't take naps, but sometimes she does if she is really tired. So I thought I would draw to kill some time...I knew they'd be up soon. You can barely see Savannah buried beneath the pillows on our oh, so comfy couch. Her ponytail is draped over the arm of the couch and her foot is poking out from under a pillow. She looks so snuggly. Of course, before I even finished this drawing, Karson started screaming (dirty diaper!) So I took care of that and he played while I finished the drawing.
Nate and Cyndi came over tonight to share some pumpkin pie with us. It was delicious. And we discussed plans for Christmas and Cyndi helped me decorate a wreath I had bought at the dollar store. It turned out very cute. She is so creative...I never would have known how to decorate it...I knew I could, but didn't know what to do...that is why it was still in a bag in the closet until now. I don't know what it is, but I just don't have the gift of decorating...I am creative and artistic...but decorating is not my thing. I love to watch HGTV though...and see all of the great ideas. I love Trading Spaces...but I don't have the inspiration to do it myself I guess. It's one of those things that has always puzzled me. Maybe it's just that I don't like to spend the money to buy stuff that just sits around and looks pretty. Our walls are totally bare in every room. We have lived here for over a year and still not hung anything up on the walls. I take that back...there is a chili pepper wreath in my dining room that my sister-in-law gave me...but that's it! I do decorate with candles...but our house is definitely lacking a decorator's touch. Cyndi's house is always beautiful...even when it's not a specific holiday...she has such cute things and it looks so nice. I don't know how she does it, but she has a natural talent for decorating that I didn't get. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home