January 04, 2008

EDM Challenge and 2008 ART GOALS

Recently I buddied up with an art friend through my Everyday Matters Yahoo! Group. We will be keeping each other accountable to reach the art goals we have set for this year. Here are mine (in no particular order)...

1. Keep my Journal with me all the time and be on the look out for opportunities to draw and record my life...no matter how small the time frame may be. Time is precious these days, you know.

2. Keep up with the weekly EDM challenges. I have done many of these in the past, but it has been some time now since I have attempted one...just due to pure laziness, I guess. If you aren't familiar with the challenges, each week one of our members posts a new challenge...something to draw (& write about). Many of us post the links to our drawings on the list for others to see. It's fun to see the different interpretations of the same subject from people all over the world.

3. Experiment with a new media. First on my agenda - I will be trying this next week - is foam sculpture.

4. Be more creative in my photography. I'd like to do photo shoots more often. With a new baby, I have a good reason to do them.

5. Redesign my blog/website to reflect who I am and what I do. I have to rely on Sam's help with this, though...so we will see.

6. Meet with my art friends and make art on a regular basis (at least monthly!)

7. Choose a month and do a drawing every day. (maybe May - that's when my goal buddy is doing it)

8. Create some cool business cards.

9. Take some trips to art museums (Ella Sharp, Detroit...or Chicago :)...I wish)to draw.

10. Do a sketchcrawl.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Fabulous nut, with such simple lines, I love that. and the goals are inspiring

3:25 PM  
Blogger Kunya said...

Hi Julie...
lots of inspiring goals.

I agree about the time issue...and I especialy like the goal of the sketchcrawl. If this happens in my region I will do it too...

About may - there is a group in Flickr - Every day in May - which takes the challenge to draw every day in May , so it's nice to know a lot of people all over the world are taking the same challenge

Good luck on the goals. And I be regulary on you blog...;-)
your buddy
Martine

5:31 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Great goals! And the Everyday in May is a great challenge to join ... hmmmm... Hope your 2008 is wonderful!

10:10 PM  
Blogger inki said...

Great list of goals! The colors in the drawing are nice. :)

7:55 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I like your nut drawing, lovely color. And great 2008 goals!

2:22 PM  
Blogger andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Julie, have you ever come across Moo business cards? They are so good for artists 'cos you can upload up to 100 different images. You can also crop them. They are pretty cheap too - get a set. Your work would look amazing on them. I usually get about 10 different images at a time (cos the up loading can take some time). You can see some of mine here;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andreajoseph/sets/72157601286518929/

Sorry,if you know all this stuff already! And, good look on the EDM challenges.I haven't done one in ages. Maybe I'll go and check out the list...

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home